Right now we’re in the middle of our 3rd visit to Miami.
As we’re avid Cruisers, it only makes sense that we’d end up in this sunny city as it’s considered the “Cruise Capital of the World”… and yes, every-time we’ve been here, including now, it’s to hop on a Ship. 🙂
But for those of you who want to come to Miami and spend some extra time exploring this famous place before/after your Cruise Vacation, there are tons of things to do here…
…so here’s some ideas for your next trip to Miami:
1. Ride the Miami Hop On/Hop Off Bus. This is always one of our favorite recommendations when visiting a new city, especially if you’re short on time. With the hop on/off bus you get to see all the main areas as you’re being given some great details about what you’re actually looking at… it amazes us how much we miss as we’re blindly driving around on our own. 🙂 And with this type of tour it doubles for your transportation so it can save you the headache of driving around a new city in the busy traffic!
2. Visit Bayside Marketplace. Always one of our favorite places to hang out in Miami, a visit to the Bayside Marketplace is always fun! Great waterfront shopping, food & entertainment… there’s something for everyone there. And with the hot Miami days & nights, this outdoor complex is perfect!
3. Go to the Beach… it’s Miami, you just knew we had to say that! 🙂 Seriously though, aren’t Miami beaches what they show on every TV show & movie based here? No wonder why… they’re just as beautiful in person (including the people on them) as they are on the big screen. And if you love beaches you’ll want to hit Miami Beach & South Beach in particular.. at the least, just to say you were there! 🙂
4. Watch a professional sporting event. No matter what time of year you’re here between NHL hockey, NBA basketball, NFL football and Major League Baseball there’s always something happening for the sports fan!
5. Visit Everglades National Park and take a ride an air-boat. We did this our first visit here and it’s a definite must when in this part of the world. If you’ve never seen alligators or crocodiles up close in their natural environment, here’s your chance. **Did you know Everglades National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site?**
6. Shop at Miami’s many malls. Try browsing and shopping at any of these fantastic malls: Aventura mall, Bayside Market, Cocowalk, Dolphin mall or Bal Harbour shops… none of them will disappoint!
7. Take in Miami’s Nightlife which is electric and fun! It boasts some of the hottest nightspots in the world. In South Beach, club hoppers can stroll streets that teem with activity all night long.
8. Tantalize your taste buds with delicious cuisine. Make sure to try a cuban sandwich. They are made with ham, roasted pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and sometimes salami, on Cuban bread. Delicious!
9. Pick one of the world class Spas like Canyon Ranch to take away all your stress and leave yourself rejuvenated.
10. Play a little Golf. Take in a game any time of year here in Miami in it’s mild, balmy weather and be up for a challenge as a number of great professional golf tournaments call this city home.
So there you have it… 10 things to do on your next visit to Miami.
And please, if you’ve been here before and think we’ve left out some “must-dos” make sure to comment below and let our readers know… we know they’d (and we) would appreciate it! 🙂
Alright, we’re off to enjoy 2 more days here in Miami before we set sail on Thursday on our 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise for Christmas & New Years… talk soon.
We appreciate You!
Nancy & Shawn
Your Trusted Cruise Experts!
P.S. Do you receive our Blog Updates automatically in your inbox as soon as we publish them? If not sign up here now to never miss our free & fresh posts… AND for doing so, receive a ** FREE Bonus** on your next Cruise that you book with us!