There’s nothing better then when someone says something brilliant to sum up why travel is so awesome & how it can enhance your life. 🙂
So without further ado, here
are some of our favorite Travel Quotes:
1. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
2. “To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.” – Charles Horton Cooley
3. “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
4. Be an explorer. The universe is filled with wonder and magical things. – Flavia
5. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER.” – Mark Twain
6. “Before the development of tourism, travel was conceived to be like study, and its fruits were considered to be the adornment of the mind and the formation of the judgement – Paul Fussel (Abroad)
7. “Without Travel I would have wound up a little ignorant southern white female, which was not my idea of a good life” – Lauren Hutton
8. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
9. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
11. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
12. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
13. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman(This sums up perfectly the essence of the “10 Commandments of Travel”)
14. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page” – St. Augustine
So there you have it, some of the “best of the best” when it comes to Travel Quotes.
Now if you’re inspired to Travel after reading the above travel quotes and are ready to plan that next great Cruise Vacation, then contact Shawn and he’ll help you plan and book your Cruise today.
By the way, did we leave out any great Travel Quotes that you know of? If so, let us know in our comment section below.
We appreciate You!
Nancy & Shawn
Your Trusted Cruise Experts!