A couple of years ago during one of our Alaska vacations we heard the “10 Commandments of Travel” from a great tour guide that we had the pleasure of spending several days with.
When she shared this with our group it instantly stuck with us and we’ve tried to live by these “travel truths” on every trip since.
We believe in them so much that we shares these with all our Cruise clients (Visit here to learn how Shawn can help you with all your Cruise needs) one week before their trip starts… and many have reported back that, by keeping them in mind during
their journey, it made their trip much more pleasant. 🙂
So with that in mind, today we wanted to share them with you in case you have a trip coming up soon to hopefully encourage you to keep them in mind in case everything doesn’t go as perfect as you’d like. 🙂
And of course, if you don’t have a trip coming up soon… plan one :-)… as we discuss in our free ebook there are 9 super great reasons to do so now as it’s about the best thing you can do to get the most out of the important areas of your life!
Alright, without further ado, here are…
The Ten Commandments of Travel
- Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast at home, for thou hast left home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the start of a good holiday.
- Thou shalt not let other travelers get on thy nerves, for thou hast paid good money to enjoy thyself.
- Remember to take half as many clothes as thou thinkest and twice the money.
- Know at all times where thy passport is, for a person without a passport is a person without a country.
- Remember that if we had been expected to stay in one place, we would have been created with roots.
- Thou shalt not worry, for he that worrieth hath no pleasure, and few things are THAT fatal.
- Remember, in Rome, be prepared to do somewhat as the Romans do.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of the country by the person who hath given thee trouble.
- Remember, thou are a guest in other lands and he that treats his host with respect shall be honored.
By the way, in our humble expertise, make sure to pay close attention to Commandment # 4 as we break it every-time…
…no matter how little clothes we take we never wear them all and of course we always end up breaking the budget with some little extra luxury we hadn’t planned… that’s half the fun of it all though!! 🙂
(And speaking of breaking travel budgets, here’s a great travel product that’s helping thousands of it’s members, including us, keep their travel budget under control!)
Well, we truly hope you enjoyed learning about the “10 Commandments of Travel” and that they help you make the most of your future vacations!
By the way, we’d love to hear which one “struck home” with you the most and that you’ll make sure to definitely keep in mind next trip… drop us a comment about it below.
We appreciate You!
Nancy & Shawn