A couple of years ago during our amazing Alaska Land Tour with Princess Cruiseline we heard the 10 Commandments of Travel from our great tour guide, Jenny, who we had the pleasure of spending several days with.
When she shared the 10 Commandments of Travel with our group they instantly stuck with us and we’ve tried to live by these “travel truths” on every trip since.
We believe in the 10 Commandments of Travel so much that we shares these with all our Cruise clients one week before their Cruise Vacation starts… and many have reported back that, by keeping them in mind during their Cruise, it made their trip much more pleasant. 🙂
So with that in mind, today we wanted to share the 10 Commandments of Travel with you in case you have a Cruise coming up soon to hopefully encourage you to keep them in mind in case everything doesn’t go as perfect as you’d like. 🙂
Alright, without further ado, here are…
The 10 Commandments of Travel
- Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast at home, for thou hast left home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the start of a good holiday.
- Thou shalt not let other travelers get on thy nerves, for thou hast paid good money to enjoy thyself.
- Remember to take half as many clothes as thou thinkest and twice the money.
- Know at all times where thy passport is, for a person without a passport is a person without a country.
- Remember that if we had been expected to stay in one place, we would have been created with roots.
- Thou shalt not worry, for he that worrieth hath no pleasure, and few things are THAT fatal.
- Remember, in Rome, be prepared to do somewhat as the Romans do.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of the country by the person who hath given thee trouble.
- Remember, thou are a guest in other lands and he that treats his host with respect shall be honored.
By the way, in our humble expertise, make sure to pay close attention to Commandment # 4 as we break it every-time…
…no matter how little clothes we take we never wear them all and of course we always end up breaking the budget with some little extra luxury we hadn’t planned… that’s half the fun of it though, isn’t it!! 🙂
Well, we truly hope you enjoyed learning about the 10 Commandments of Travel and that they help you make the most of your future Cruise Vacations!
We appreciate You!
Nancy & Shawn
Your Trusted Cruise Experts!